Custom Grips - Everything You Need to Know
There's a lot we can do to customize your grips and make them one-of-a-kind!
We do not create artwork from scratch. We can only work with your finished artwork or supplied images. However, if you only have several different pieces of artwork that need to be put together, that we can do. We can also add text to existing artwork. We do not need your artwork on a template (but we can provide one if needed).
Finding a workable image:
- The grips are tall and narrow. The wider your image, the smaller it will have to be to fit. The narrower or taller your image, the better it will fit.
- The higher the resolution of the image, the better the finished product will look.
- If there are lots of fine lines and small details in your image, it is likely we will lose some of this detail during the process.
- Keep in mind that your digital images will be much sharper than the grips will be. The grip printing process results in an image that has a "tattoo" effect - colors are more muted and edges are softer. The image photos uploaded on this page will give you a good idea of the finished result.
- You can use different images on each grip, the 2 sides do not have to be the same.
If your image has a special background color or design that you want to keep, it helps us to have as much background as possible, so that we can extend it all the way to the edge of the grips.
- If your image is cropped too close, this could present an issue.
- The more background we have, the better.
- It's not as critical with solid black or white backgrounds, but it is with other colors or patterns.
- You can add any text you wish to a custom order. Just keep it short, to allow for best spacing, placement and font sizing.
- Find a font you like. We cannot find a font for you, there are just too many options. A good resource is www.1001freefonts.com. All we need is the font name, or a sample of your desired text typed up in that font.
- Avoid skinny fonts with thin lines - these tend to get "swallowed" by the background.
Decide on a background (if there isn't one in your image):
- You can select any solid color background. We have a small selection of basic solid backgrounds.
- Alternatively, provide us with a color swatch or Pantone color number.
- You can send a patterned swatch as well - pretty much any image can be used as a background.
Send us your images by email - once we determine what your images, text and background will be, you can proceed with placing your order. Due to the time required to create them, we do not provide mock-ups/proofs until after your order is received.
- Submit your images, desired text and background selection by email - let's be sure it will all work.
- Place your order. Scroll to the bottom of the list of design in the drop-down list to find "custom".
- A mock-up will be created and emailed to you within a day or two of placing your order. At that time, you can make any changes or cancel for a refund.
- If the mock-up is approved, it takes up to 10 business days to make the grips.
- A custom set of grips costs $112.95. Subsequent, identical sets cost $64.95.