Quick and accessible, this vehicle holster mount is ideal for carrying a handgun in your vehicle for convenience or self-defense.
Installation is easy! Clip the mount directly into the gap below your steering wheel column and clip it at the bottom of the dash/kick panel. It's great for those who often conceal carry and may not want to keep their pistol on them while driving. Also popular for those who travel. No more shoving a handgun between seats, placing under a seat, in a door, in a console, or in any other area that is uncomfortable, unsafe or not secure. No drilling, no hassle - easily clips into place and secures your firearm for vehicle carry with easy access.
Release holster in seconds to securely put away your firearm if desired.
Mount strap length adjusts from 6¾” - 16½” to fit a variety of steering wheel columns.
**A holster is not included - you are purchasing the mount only**
Mount will fit most vehicles. Please verify you have both a gap under your steering wheel column and at least a few inches or more of lower dash area just above your pedals. This is ideal for a more perfect fit. If you do not have a gap, have a thick gap edge or have an odd design, we recommend our Steering Wheel Column Holster Mount Adaptor. We do not recommend this product if you have an air bag located BELOW the steering column.
The steering wheel column holster mount is not vehicle or firearm specific.
The mount does NOT include a holster. It will work with most generic nylon or kydex belt loop or belt clip holsters. Paddle holsters and holsters with dual loops or snap loops (ie. pancake or wide MOLLE style holsters) are not recommended.
The holstered gun will end up facing you when attached to the mount. You will need to mimic your draw on your own column to determine how your hand placement would need to be in order to have a comfortable draw, and then use a holster with the clip on the correct side that allows for that.If you are right handed, an outside-the-waistband (OWB) right hand draw holster will flip the gun grip to the left side when facing you on the mount. An inside-the-waistband (IWB) right hand draw holster would position the grip on the right side. Depending on your column angle and height, you can determine what will be best for you. An ambidextrous holster that has a loop or clip on both sides allows you both options.
If you don't already have a suitable holster, ambidextrous holsters made specifically for the mount are available, but this is a closeout item so there's limited size availability:
See Standard Holster Here
If you don't have a gap in your steering column or you have a covered or thick gap edge (more than 1/4" thick), or you have concerns that it may not fit after looking at your vehicle, then use the Adaptor - the adaptor will allow you to use the mount as it was intended. Same function, same location. If you have a 2007 or newer GMC/Chevy truck or SUV, you will definitely need the adaptor.
STEERING COLUMN MOUNT SPECIFICATIONS
- No tools required
- No drilling or modifications to vehicle
- Quick install/release
- Doesn’t interfere with driving
- Secure fit
- Clearance to draw weapon
- Easily move from one vehicle to another
- Works with almost any belt loop or belt clip holster
- Works with small to large handguns
- Right or left hand draw
- Adjustable straps
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
Holster mount with hook & loop straps, internal metal support bar and metal coated hooks
- Adhesive hook strips (provided, but optional to use)
- Extra strap for BLACKHAWK! holsters and other similar wide kydex style belt holsters
- Product information guide
- Holster and firearm not included
* Is it legal in your state?We don't know. If you order it, we will ship it. It's up to you to check your local and state laws regarding firearm carry in your vehicle. This includes open/concealed carry, transporting, loaded/unloaded carry and vehicle carry laws.
Installation is super easy - no drilling, no holes!
HOW TO INSTALL
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- ▼What Is the Purpose of the Mount?
- The vehicle mount was invented to provide concealed carry users a convenient, temporary place to store their firearm while driving. With a holster attached to the mount, the entire setup serves as a dedicated vehicle holster at all times. While many prefer to keep their weapon on their person while driving, many do not have that option based on their vehicle interior - or it is just very uncomfortable. The mount is NOT intended as a place to permanently store your firearm and leave it unattended when you leave your vehicle. It is a temporary storage place while driving and you then take it with you when exiting. Not only does is make driving more comfortable, but it also gives you immediate ready access to your weapon for self-defense.
- ▼Will the mount work on my vehicle?
- The vehicle mount is universal by design to fit almost any car or truck and is not vehicle specific.
- The mount works on most vehicles that have a gap beneath the steering column for tilt steering. You want to look for this gap beneath your vehicle's steering column and make sure that the gap edge/lip is a 1/4 inch or less in thickness, in order for the top hook of the mount to attach.
- If this gap edge/lip is thicker than 1/4 inch, or it is covered with rubber or plastic, then you will need the Vehicle Mount Adaptor accessory. The adaptor simply bypasses the gap entirely.
- The vehicle mount mount adjusts from 6 3/4” to 13 1/2”, so please make sure your lower dash area is not too short or too long for the mount. If your vehicle is one of the few with a lower dash airbag, then we do not recommend this product.
- If you have a hood latch down the middle of your panel, the mount can still be installed to work around the latch.
- We do not have a "Fit List" available, because there are so few vehicles for which the mount wont work at all. These are only vehicles that we know for sure will need the adaptor: 2007 and later GMC/Chevy trucks & SUV's.
- ▼Will the mount work with my firearm(s)?
- The vehicle mount will support any commonly sized firearm. The mount has a metal support bar sewn into the webbing that is firm and difficult to bend. It will support the heaviest of guns you would ever practically think of carrying. All you need is a holster that fits your firearm and you can attach it to our mount.
- ▼What type of holster can I use on the mount?
- Any common size width holster will work, as long as it has a belt loop, belt clip or belt slots. The holster loop or clip needs to be on the side of the holster and in the center, like you would traditionally find on any OWB (outside-the-waistband) holster.
- The mount has a strap that is used to attach the holster and it acts just like a pants belt would. You feed the strap through the belt loop like a pants belt. We also include a longer strap in the package for use with wider style holsters.
- You may need an ambidextrous holster for use with the vehicle mount, depending on how you want the draw angle. This is because when you attach the holster, it ends up facing you - which reverses the draw.
- Holsters with double belt loops or snap loops, are not receommended as most do not work well. We also do not recommend you using a paddle holster or MOLLE style holsters.
Find a holster.
▼What size holster do I need for my firearm?
- Please see the Holster Size Chart. The chart can be located on the Mount Holster product page.
- ▼My firearm is not listed in the Holster Size Chart. Which holster size do I need?
- All of the holsters are universal in design. Find a firearm already listed that closely matches the size of the handgun you wish to use. Under the steering column, it is not as noticeable or as much of a concern as it would normally be for a holster being carried on your person. Our holster sizes can usually accept a wide range of models, so you aren't constantly taking on/off different holsters if you carry more than one firearm or buying numerous holsters.
- ▼Is the mount legal?
- In many states it certainly is. In a few states, it isn't. Those laws vary and they change over time. We cannot keep track of all laws for all states. It is every gun owner's responsibility to know their state laws regarding carrying a firearm.
- We also recommend that you research which states around you allow vehicle carry and the laws pertaining those states, and plan ahead when traveling out of state.
- Do not believe everything you read from others on internet gun forums. Do the research yourself.
- ▼Is the mount considered Open or Concealed?
- This depends on many factors of the vehicle being used, but usually it is considered Open as it is within plain sight when you know to look for it. It is harder to notice when it is situated between your legs while driving with the steering column over the top of the setup. It is much easier to notice when you are not in the driver's seat or are entering/exiting the vehicle. It also depends on the height of the vehicle, contour of the dash, color of interior and if you have tinted windows. We advise you have your firearm license when using the product, no matter what state you live in.
- ▼Do the products come with a warranty?
- Absolutely. You have a Lifetime Warranty that covers all craftsmanship and materials under normal use. The manufacturer will repair or replace the product at no charge, including shipping the item back to you.
- ▼Are the products made in the USA?
- Yes. All the Vehicle Handgun Mounts and Holsters are made in the USA by hard working Americans.
Made in the USA.